The Wire (2002-2008)

The Wire

10/10
This Series was hard to start watching but hard to let go at the end.
This series like former president of the United States said is one of the best not only TV shows but pieces of art in the last decades and I stand for that, The wire started regular for me, really hard to catch up in the first half of the first season and with the typical cliff hanger at the end of every episode but that cheap strategy of the cliff hanger episode ended before I realized and I understood that season 1 and 2 were the one introducing us to the game and having to do the heavy lifting for the rest of the show.
The show is incredible and if you take it not from its parts and seasons and as a whole it is an incredible master piece that deserved better  and cannot be contained in words.
The casting was what really surprise me having fitting talented actors for even the smaller characters like Frank Sobotka.
This was the most complex show where because of the vocabulary and complicated tramas I had to pause to gather the information.
The only thing I couldn't find is a great use of the medium they were having almost no filmmaking language, most scenes were just shot as they are and there were counted time where I said that photography was spot on or a tool like shutter speed, panning was used to the narrative, maybe color theory but comparing it to Braking Bad or Better call Saul it fells short and maybe it was because the focus was the writing and the investigating that helped with the small details and how grounded The Wire feels having the best dialogue I have seen in a TV Show.

Created by : David Simon

Comments